Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spongy cake

I've been taking a lot of rest, a little cleaning and organizing. But what I can't miss this week is a treat to share with the friends that come visit. Well I did this really easy cake, I call it spongy because that's how it feels like when cool.

You will need:
5 eggs
10 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
15 tablespoons flour
A little butter for the mold (and some flour for it too)

Preheat oven at 350°, prepare the mold (butter and flour it). Beat the eggs with the sugar, salt and vanilla at high speed for 15 minutes, then add the flour (pass it through a strainer) and beat at very slow (or use a spatula to mix it in). Then bake until golden...

The easiest cake ever! I filled it with a little cream made with a cup margarine beaten until light and fluffy, added condensed milk and grounded almonds. Delicious but don't expect it to be light! lol
To make it a little more attractive I sprinkled it with confectioner's sugar using a template (like the ones used for drawing).
Have a cup of tea and enjoy!

No comments: