Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friendship grows


This is a small bag /purse for a dear friend, her birthday was past month, but now is when I got to finish it.
The design is from a Lizzie Kate complimentary pattern. I used antique white evenweave and for the lining very light pistachio green linen. The multicolor thread is Glisten Gloss handpainted Japanese silk (500). Of course had to do some customizing using my beloved buttons! Originally it should have a dragonfly charm, it was substituted by a dragonfly button ;)
It's intended to be used for makeup or any other feminine thing we women always need to keep in our bags lol Bet she's gonna love it!

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Absolutely darling! She will adore her new bag. You are a nice friend!

Annie said...

What a pretty little thing! I like your embellishments and the closure also.

Ranae said...

That is so sweet. A good friend she has indeed.

sue said...

eeeek! where goes my comment? huhu .. i said that i also have the same pattern with me with the threads ready to stitch .. what a co incident .. and i think you've done it great sandra .. i love it ....

Vanessa said...

I made this one too but your piece is so pretty. I need to think outside the box as you do!
www.butterflyknitter.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

What a great idea! You friend will be thrilled with it, I'm sure.
Barb in TX