Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Humbugs

I'm so happy today, Val got her humbugs (and the peace angel). They were such a pleasant work... And the process was different because I didn't know how to design them on paper so did it onto the fabric itself. I used a Booklet Sandy sent past Christmas as a guide for the special stitches: Rhodes heart, eyelet holes, satin stitch (ship), it also has herringbone stitch and French knot.
The thread I used was size 8 balls: 6401 multicolor in earth tones (DMC), and anchor 0280 green and 0350 terracotta (Anchor).
Here are the pictures:


Dark



Light



Front
This is how they look all assembled, my ADD was present, as usual, and I closed them in different ways... Was suppose to be like the light one. Can we say is a creative solution? lol

Back side


I love the heart and the ship forming a flower, that's the reason for the French knot over it, wanted it to look like a tulip. The tassel and the cord weren't so hard to do, I used some techniques provided by fellow blogger stitchers. Just a tip, use long strands, short ones make it difficult to knot them.



3 comments:

Meari said...

They turned out nice!

Ranae said...

The hunbugs turned out beautifully

sue said...

awwww ... they are so nic esandra! you've done a great job!