Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Needlebook

My partner at EMS exchange, sweetycat, got her Beach theme needlebook. This is the second I do, the first one was for a blackwork exchange (you can see it in my exchanges:sent album). Tried to do some improvements, it was quite a challenge since I don't have my sewing machine, so it was all hand sewn, and glue gunned!!!

Front:

Side:

Inside:


I'm pleased that at the end it looks good, because I had a problem when I started to stitch for this exchange, wanted to do a navy blue needlebook with one of Helga Mandl's design. I bought the pattern specially for this occasion, dyed the fabric (with all the instructions and precautions followed), stitched it and when I ironed it... The fabric bled!!!! I felt awful! Couldn't be saved, it's lying around somewhere, because I tried splashing it with some chlorine to give it a 60's kind of look, but the color faded a little, didn't really achieve the look I wanted. I'll try with bleach next time and if I ever get to finish it you'll be looking at it!


3 comments:

Lotta said...

What a lovely needlebook. I love the beach theme and it´s so nice to se a pattarn that´s not so common on needlebooks. It´s the first Ive ever seen annyway.
Realy good job.

Annie said...

This is just darling, Sandra. I love everything about it from the great stitching to the little charms to the pretty lining.

sue said...

that is one great needlebook sandra. you did a great job on it. love everything on it too .. the detailing was so awesome!