Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kiddie cross stitch


Thursday my kiddie cross stitch classes started, I was feeling awful, but they were so excited about it that I didn't have the heart to suspend it!

I never thought they would be so interested. So far I have seven students, Kimberly, Yuseiry, Mayerli, Daibelis, Steven, Kennys and Danny, two of them got it right away and became helpers. I forgot the camera, but next week will be taking pictures.

We did backstitch to part of the fabric, they're doing a small place mat, and to make it colorful we're using Sandy O's variegated threads (thanks again pard!). They love the effect, and it makes me so happy to see how they're behaving, and how many times they told me how much they wanted to learn!

Well, it was suppose to be Thursdays from 1:30 to 2:30 PM, but they all showed up early, and then decided that we should meet everyday LOL I told them twice a week then, and they convinced me for two hours, how could I say no? Now we'll meet Thursdays and Fridays from 1 to 3 PM.

Since I'm mentoring them, the supplies are on me, told them the needle was borrowed so they have to take care of it, next class I will tell them they earned it lol But think I'll have to get more fabric, they're working fast and already have plans for the next project!




Graphics courtesy of Cute Colors

3 comments:

Ranae said...

That's great. Who knows maybe you will inspire a designer,lol.

Miss 376 said...

Isn't their enthusiasm fantastic. Good luck with them

sue said...

what a great project you have there for the kids sandra ... if i am near .. i will join you there ...