Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby Blossom

Meet Baby Blossom!
As I said, I'm working on a few more comfort dolls. This will be about 4-6 Nature Babies, my plan was to release the pictures when they were all done, but just can't resist to show this one off. I'm so happy with the result! Used the basic idea of a Dotee doll, but used a crocheted instead of a fabric body, as my personal touch.

The flowery trim came on Amali's secret pal exchange. I added the beads as centers using same colors to combine with the thread. See the detail on the back.

The yellow flower was crocheted by me with the new Venezuelan polyester crochet thread, very shiny, and added a fymo butterfly to symbolize the power to fly away looking for better chances.


And his face is really something! I think it's so cute! Specially the curly hair, made with the same thread as the yellow flower...




Well, I hope this baby brings joy to a special someone, hopefully they will all be ready and sent to Pat next week... Next: Rainbow baby.

7 comments:

Ranae said...

Baby Blossom is so adorable, I love her colours and the finishing is superb.

Dawn B. said...

She is very colorfull and I can see why she is a cumfort doll.

sue said...

Awww.... she's perfect! Finishing is really your best! Love her! So adorable!

Sandra said...

OK I was thinking as HE, but guess you're right, the flowers, the colors... You win! SHE is so cute lol

Thanks for your lovely comments girls!

Annie said...

She's just the cutest, Sandra! And definitely female!

Miss 376 said...

This is so cute, love the face. I am sure she'll be loved to bits

Jenn's Crafty World said...

Very sweet; I can't wait to see the next one!