Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas again!

Today I received two packages, one from Argentina the other one from Greece.

Laurita, in Argentina, was my partner for the EMS 5th annual ornament exchange. They landed on my tree already.


She did, not one, but two gorgeous ornies! They're stitched on both sides:



And one of them is an angel, a flying angel! Can you believe? What are the odds?


There were also goodies on my package, a lovely cord, blue and beige floss and yummy candies!



Thank you Laurita! Gob bless you. I'm glad you were my partner on this exchange.





From Greece, Michelle sent me this package containing an envelope inside that said "Do not open until Christmas"


I had a doubt, since it reached the year after it was sent, should I wait until Dec. 25th, 2009??? LOL No way, I opened my package right there at the PO, the girls there are always excited about the things I get, and they all know me by my first name.

But I'm sure you want to know what was in it... She sent three pieces of fabric, linen, which can't be found here and I already have plans for it, aida in a count colors that are not for sale here either: navy blue and natural. The most amizing thing is that I was going through my Cross Country Sitiching magazine and was thinking how their designs look adorable on that type of aida. Good, now I have plenty to work on some of them I'd been wanting to stitch for a while.


Variegated, multicolor and metallic threads! Awww, just the cutest, and the pink one comes in the perfect timimng for the Valentine needlebook I'm working on.


What about the cards? With their envelopes, in a deep forest green! I will be able to join card exchanges with no fear of flaws on the finishing.

And last, but not least, the booklets! Oh my! Angels (yep, angels!!!), snowmen and tiny ornies!!! Yesterday an angel was whispering in my ear. I wanted to join the Christmas Ornament Stich- A-Long and even marked the page, now the I have all this patterns it will give me a year of fun!



Thanks for your kindness Michelle! I have no words to describe how I feel, but it's like Christmas morning all over again!


6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wow, Sandra, what wonderful stash you received! The Christmas ornaments are just beautiful! Enjoy!

Mylene said...

Such cute ornaments received and WOW! Great stash too! Enjoy!!

Ellen said...

Wow, what lovely gifts. Now, you can have fun stitching.

Hugs

Wendy said...

Hi Sandra,

I just found your blog and enjoyed reading it, you make wonderful things. I will come back again to visit your blog.

Have a nice weekend and lots of stitching fun.

Wendy from Belgium.

Chiloe said...

HI there! First time on your blog! I saw the angel you sent to daffycat and wanted to tell you that you are very talented ;-)

tintocktap said...

Wonderful gifts - I love those ornies! Love daffycat's angel too!