Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tin

I made a tin for Alexia, to match the fob I did for her on a previous exchange. Love the pattern, from Mary Englebreit, and I still have some of the backing fabric, so it was a perfect surprise. She wrote saying it was nice to have the set.

It was nice to personalize it, good thing her name fit on the design, also added a lucky charm!

The top is cushioned so she can also use it as a pincushion.


This is the back, thought the prints are a little large, the word "friend" is whole, didn't want to cut it.


I also got my new crocheted snowflakes from Bea. I'll starch them tomorrow, I can't wait until Christmas to see how the tree will look. I told her I wouldn't put it down until they were here. So I'll have the picture by Friday. Hope she gets a blog soon so I can comment on the beautiful things she does.

One final thing, I know I'm ahead of my time, but no one pointed out that I'm living 200 years ahead! lol I wrote "2209 exchange" on the previous post, now it's corrected.

5 comments:

Mylene said...

The tin finish looks wonderful. Well done!!

(I did noticed the year and i know it is just error in typing which i encounter many times lately that i did it too..!)

Yoyo said...

Now that is a one cute tin!! Padding the top is a really nice touch.

Annie said...

What a cute tin! I like they way you came up with a new way to finish them.

And you are the winner of the Angel Collector pattern! I'll get it in the mail to you in a couple of days.

niina said...

That tin looks fabulous. I should need one for myself too. I love the fabric you'v used:)

greetings from finland
niina
http://pumpuliina.vuodatus.net

Ingrid said...

Hola Sandra! Qué hermosuras de bordados. No conocía tu blog. Me encantó. Besos.