Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Broken hook

I'm crocheting daisy squares for Krystal's charity afghans. Yesterday, when trying to obtain gauge, my beloved red H crystallite hook broke in half when I was tying the yarn for the border...


Will have to replace it with a stronger brand, maybe not so fashionable as this one. This is the first time it happens to me with a hook, broke several cross stitch needles, but never a hook.

The pattern is delightful, and though it seems complicated it's very easy and fun. Hope I can get a grip on the gauge soon, I know Krystal will put all the squares in good use.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Well, that's not fair! Here you were, doing a good thing, and your hook didn't cooperate. I've never used that kind. Mine are all very old, but none has ever broken. Hope it's not a sign of too much stress forcing you to keep your tension too tight! It's a pretty square anyway.

Miriam said...

You might want to try a wooden hook, I like them very much.

Little Rabbit Miniatures said...

I hate it when my favourite things break or get lost :( I feel for you!

I love your crochet, its very pretty and full of happiness!