Sunday, June 7, 2009

At last!!!



I'm proud to present my beautiful Necchi Supernova Ultra. She's was advertised in 1959 to be premiering in 1960.

My model is a free arm, not usual as I learned from my research. My mom gave it to me because she's not into sewing since about fifteen years ago. Time the machine spent without being used, outside on a covered porch. Good thing is she had it on a table, adapted for it, and covered with the hard case it came with (oops! forgot to picture it).

Raisa, a friend of mine, has been sewing for decades, she helped me figure out what was wrong with the machine so I wouldn't have to pay a lot of money on a house call tech. My compadre changed the carbon brushes and I took the tensor dial to be repaired. Now it sews like brand new, and the engine sounds smoothly!





It came with all this accessories. The case has a dialer on top for easy reference on how to set the machine to do the embroidery stitches, about 140. The lever is for buttonholes, all the feet are for stuff I still don't know yet, except the plastic one which I know is for the embroidery stitches. Mom also got a ruffler foot, I'm not much into it, but it'll come handy! Got me a box of multi use needles because most of the ones I got from mom were rusty, no wonder after 15 years!




This is my very first project. I sew a place mat for Raisa. I'm also working on a small bag for my compadre's daughter, Camila, my goddaughter, she's also Raisa's granddaughter. I want to thank them and told them I would give them the first projects. Well, as you can see the machine sews perfectly, but still I need to practice in order to sew on straight lines lol, this is more like a trapezoid than a rectangle. I'll tell her that "the uneveness on the piece are no defects, only a garantee that I did made it all by myself" ROTFL




Of course, I needed to try everything, added a lovely wavy stitch all around.





And it's backed with a pink ghingam, for me it's so picknicky. Perfect placemat for summertime. We have breakfast at school on our classroom/office, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. Afterwards I'll have to make one for Sara and another one for me too, so we three can have our meal like at home...

Have a nice stitching week!!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

That is so great! The older machines are often the best. I can't wait to see all the fun things you come up with now that you have such a great tool!

Ellen said...

The machine looks great. Glad that it works like new. Looking forward to more projects from you. By the way, I love the pencil pouch you stitched and finished for Kay. It's beautiful!

Hugs,

mollycaff said...

What a lovely sewing machine! I have trouble sewing in a straight line too, but practice makes perfect!

Art4Sol said...

How wonderful. Like they say...they don't make them they like they use to.

sue said...

bravo!!!! she's so sexy! .... good for you to have her around.. can't wait to see your creations...