Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hunny Bunny

I joined Ravelry a few weeks ago, it's a great site for crocheters and knitters. Among my groups there's Amigurumi Army, and this month's mission was to do an Amigurumi Bunny. Well, here is mine, meet Hunny Bunny.



I was not so sure about the details, like the tail, was debating whether to do it as a pompom or crochet it, then decided to crochet it and to keep the shape and give stability to it, inserted a marble.


I wanted long, long ears and big feet. You can see how the ears are oversized, longer than the bunny's height. The feet have three toes, but I had a little technichal difficulty attaching them and now they are also a little bended lol


The final detail was whether to attach a ribbon, a carrot or a beret. I wanted a boy, so the beret was the way to go... It needed another detail, the white beret alone was too plain, then the bright idea of a matching red star came to my mind, he's a General!


Cool, now Pichi, my purple bird, is not alone anymore!

Thank you for the nice comments on my Ipod cozy and Baby Rainbow, they're appreciated, always make me smile. Stitching hugs!!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a cutie! Ravelry is a great place for ideas, isn't it?

sue said...

hunny is so sweet .... she has character !

Charlene said...

Wonerful stitching on the case and fob - I know she is tickled.