Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two different stuff


Hi!!! Today I was able to finally finish the fanciest Ipod Nano case ever. You might remember the first one I did a while ago, was too small and so it ended up as a friend's gift (she loves it). Since then wanted to make another one, this time the mistake was corrected, the best part is that it holds enough space for the earphones.



The pattern for the cross stitch part is my simple daisy, it matches perfectly with the backing vintage fabric. The lining is 40ct linen. I couldn't resist to add a "Hand made" charm though, as you might know, part of it was machine sewn...




Also finished Rainbow Baby, at last! Now she and her sister Blossom will fly away tomorrow to Pat's project. The symbol's meaning? Rainbow stands for hope, for a promise of a better tomorrow, also is part of nature and though you can't always see it, its colors are everywhere and always brings good stuff, that's why she has all those strings with butterflies, flowers, fish and turtles (or tortoises lol). The mirror is attached so the person holding her can look at the most beautiful thing on creation... herself.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Aren't you the clever one. The iPod case is just perfect. And the dollies will bring much comfort, I'm sure. I have a little sisal mirror project in my to do list. I might steal a little of your idea.

Chrizette said...

Wow, agree with Annie - very creative, Sandra! I saw someone using the pattern for a scissor case as a mobile phone case too (have forgotten who at the mo') - that is an idea I am also letting stew in my mind :)

sue said...

this is not good but i have to admit .. i envy your ipod cozy!!! LOL. it was beautiful! the daisy n the bee.. love them!

Carolyn NC said...

Love it - you are so creative!

Ellen said...

Your ipod cozy is perfect. I had printed your little daisy but don't have time to stitch it yet.

Hugs

Mylene said...

Perfectly finish!

Daffycat said...

Awesome iPod case! I often carry mine in a pocket of my purse...one of these would be fantastic!

nima said...

wow...that's awesome