Monday, June 1, 2009

Zippered pouch

If you're anything like me you might like to have one of a kind things. When I stitched the LK design for Kay, at wXSw Summer exchange, spent about a week thinking what to do with it after it was done. Then it became obvious , I've bought zippers because wanted to do bags and pouches, and the design was perfectly shaped for a pencil case (or anyother stuff she wants to keep in).



For the backside used a fabric from Fabric Depot. BTW excelent service, great fabrics! My order came fast, in perfect condition, with a small thread cutter as a thank you present. That was a nice detail.

The shade of green is one of my favorites, and the prints suggest seasons , at least to me.








It's all hand sewn. To attach the zipper used a tutorial from Twelve22.org.






Of course couldn't help to make something special for the zipper.


A beaded "hand made" embellisment seemed perfect to me.






And it must have an insert, to hide and protect all the stitches. Used 40 ct linen.






Kay said she loved it. I'm glad she got it safe. I have a piece of linen to make a twin case for me, sure she won't mind!

Now off to clean my Necchi Supernova Ultra. After some maintenance and the tensor fixed, I can finally say I have a functional machine. I'll present it to society tomorrow (yes, I mean to all of you). Can't wait for you to see my fully operative vintage machine...


Until then, happy stitching!!!

3 comments:

Mylene said...

What a lovely pouch. Great job!

Little Rabbit Miniatures said...

Fantastic! I love it!

Annie said...

Excellent job on the pouch. That was a cute way to use that design! Lucky Kay.