Friday, July 3, 2009

It's good to be the last.

As I said on the previous post, we made a scissor's case swap at bbinteractive and my partner was Pirjo. I was the last to get mine, on the meantime, was delighted looking at all the participants work, anxiously waiting for Pirjo to get mine and waiting to see what she chose for me. She's also a teacher, like me, so I was looking forward to meet her some day in an exchange hoping we get to know each other better.

Honestly, I believe if we lived nearby and talked everyday she couldn't have chosen a more accurate desing and color, from afar she chose Elizabeth's design, one of my top five designers and stitched in in blue, my very best color! The lining is adorable and whimsical. And I got ecstatic at the details, two beautiful charms, one for each part of the set. On top there was a letter, yep, I am so glad people are still holding to the art of writing.

Enough chat, I know you want to see the beautiful set she made for me.

This is the front:

It reminded me of something a little girl from the first grade, in my school said: "we're lucky because in Venezuela it's always spring... I know it because the leaves on the trees and plants are always green, and there are always flowers everywhere".

The back:



I fell in love with the charms, the big one is on the case, I feel identified with the saying on it!


The smaller one is so cute! It's on the fob, it makes me feel special!


Thanks Pirjo! You made a wonderful work!!! Also thanks for the lovely goodies!


They will look wonderful on my tree!!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

What a beautiful set! You are a lucky girl.

Wendy said...

That is a beautiful set you got!! Have fun with it.

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful - lucky you!

Ellen said...

Beautiful exchanges, Sandra! I love both, what you stitched for each other. You are a wonderful crocheter. I can only do simply stitches like chains.

Hugs

Daffycat said...

Beautiful work, Sandra!