Monday, August 31, 2009

Girly patchwork


If it can qualify as such. I'm not sure, but I did it with scraps of fabric and added embellishments, so maybe it does. Remember SMO 12 days of Christmas SAL from 2008? Well, it was lying on my UFO box, now it's done! Here is on my favorite chair...

Even though I'm not a big fan of pink, I'm delighted with this little thingy! I even used my ultra expensive flower torchon (don't know the word for it in English). Bad thing is now I need to slip cover the big sofa in a better color (it's a hand me down from my aunt, the colors really don't match, I want a light color so I can place all the new cushions I'll be doing) and also the foot stool, which I can easily do.


While stitching it, I realized the floor is too cold for Goyo, so did a small cushion for him (no embellishments lol), he always is running after the sun, just look how tiny the sun ray is and still he's there. Also, as all pets are alike their owners, he likes to play with the sewing machine cords, now I have to out them up. And at the end he seemed to like the cushion, lokk at him on it lol



And last, I have three colors down on "A home for all seasons", it's been nice to stitch at nights with a cup of tea while listening to an audiobook, Heidy for the fifth time lol Then it'll be A little Princess, just want to fill my head with nice stories with happy endings...


Happy stitching week!!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Well, you just can't stop, can you? So much pretty stuff.

I don't know if there is a word in English to correspond to torchon. Maybe just 'embroidered applique'? Try googling and see if that fits. Anyway, it looks perfect.

And who would have expected a pet turtle to be so into needlework! He's a real cutie.

Nita said...

Love the cushion. It's so funny, cause like you. I not a big fan of pink, yet everything I stitch lately seems to be pink. I know "torchon" as a type of lace, but I agree with Annie, an embroidered applique is probably what you are looking for.
Goyo is too cute, Who would have thought a turtle could have such personality?

Daffycat said...

What a sweet finish, Sandra! I love your embellishments!

Irishenchantment said...

the cushion is lovely sandra well done ;)

Mylene said...

I just love your cushion, so beautifully finished.