Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lisa's box


Lisa, in California received the piece I stitched for her on Round 1st at Lizzie*Kate Exchange.

She seemed delighted with it, for the nice words I got from her to thank the box. She's a very busy, active and outdoorsy mom of two boys who play hockey. So I wanted something bright and vibrant for her. I was going for August flip it, time she would get it, but June seemed closer to her personality.

Then was what to do with it. I wanted a tote, to carry her stitching to the hockey practice. Then I was determined to add her favorite saying to the piece: "Live, love, stitch and laugh often", that's when the idea came, must be a wooden box, so I can paint the saying...

I like how it turned out, and to be honest, I like it better than the tote because I think it's an original way to finish a stitched piece *ahem* Sorry, couldn't help to brag a little lol

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a cute idea. Love the way it turned out. I'm sure your partner is delighted.

sue said...

great idea indeed! nice stitch .. i love the colour combi ...