Wednesday, August 19, 2009

With a little twist

I finished Inga's bag with a little twist. It's a pattern found on Ravelry, by Inga Joana Mertens. For this project used Camila threads and a number 3 steel hook (1,25 mm).



My version is way too small, so the crocheted handles didn't fit well, besides I used 6 colors, too many for them, would have been too wide for the bag. Instead used a cord made with the same threads, twisted all together.


That way it can also be closed like an origami.



Another personalization was that instead of tying the squares facing the right sides I single crocheted them with wrong sides facing each other, so it created an extra texture.


It's strong enough to stand by itself...

It may look like a child's bag, but I love it!

Happy stitching!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Very nice design. I like colorful things and this bag fills the bill.

sue said...

i will not hesitate to carry that bag ; not just a child ... you did a great job on it sandra!

Jenn's Crafty World said...

Very pretty! It's sure to brighten any dull day!

Little Rabbit Miniatures said...

I love the colours,super!