Sunday, September 6, 2009

Unexpected Shrug

Hi everyone!!! As you know I'm still on my summer break, I'll get back to school on the 16th this month. Along the UFO's that were lying around was a baby blanket that went wrong, reasons?
  1. The needles were too large for the yarn.
  2. Did it without a pattern, it resulted in a long stripe instead of a square.
  3. There was no way to disguise it and make it look like a blankie... I tried several methods with no luck.

Then I thought that it might as well be turned into a shawl of some sort. Then remembered my comadre Elisa told me how to do easy shrugs and I chanced it... How did I do it? Simple:
  1. Folded it length wise and sewn it the length of my arms with slip stitches.
  2. Added an edging both to the sleeves and the body. Took it from a leaflet with baby blanket crochet edgings (I had to go along with the theme lol) my dear friend Sandy O. sent me a while back.
Take a look, I like the results and is very cozy, that will become handy for October-November when the temperature drops without being extremely cold.


Well, think I'll have to do something else for Paola Sofía, now that I'm wearing her blanket lol

Happy week! Thanks for taking a look at my projects and leaving your nice comments ;o) I appreciate them all.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! It came out very nice! You did a great job!

Daffycat said...

Wow, great save, Sandra! You are so clever!

Nita said...

Clever girl! I'll have to remember that the next time I end up with a rectangle instead of a square (usually because I underestimate the amount of yarn I will need - lol!)

Mylene said...

Well done, Sandra! Looks lovely!!

Annie said...

Nothing can stop a needlewoman with determination! That's a great piece for fall.

magalys said...

Great work! I love it... congratulations. Warm hugs from Cabimas.

Clara said...

Your shrug is beautiful! No one would ever know that you didn't make it on purpose to begin with!