Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wired

Still one class to finish, yet we are all tangled up in wire. I thought I was going to do one or two things but now I'm thinking of studying it at an art academy, even though I'm not the star student lol

Here is a sneak peak, I'm waiting to show all the things we made after the course is finished. Clara has a Mandala bracelet I fell in love with, tried to make one myself but got all confused with measurements and the assembly process, until I found Camille Sharon's video tutorial, then was able to do it. Thanks a bunch, Camille, knowledge is meant to be spread, God bless your generosity!

Instead of pictures I'll show you some videos, the things are collapsible and it's better to show it with movement...

The first one was made with colored wire, there wasn't enough so did just a part of it and turned it into a necklace, of course it caused sensation all around, people at work played all morning with it lol Please keep my secret, I wore it before the exhibition lol



The second one was the real deal, a Tibetan meditation mandala in all its glory. With some defects, such as some petals are not equal in size and the joints are too tight, it shouldn't be like it because it needs to be more flexible. But I'm super delighted with it!



Did you like it? Well, now have to get back to work, want to do some memorabilia to give to the teacher and classmates this Saturday... Until then, happy bending!!!

No comments: