Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TAST


Hi there!!! Hope you're all doing fine, I'm on my corner of the world missing the crafts, had a silly home accident and got a tendinitis on my right hand. It's been over a week since I started physical therapy, still hurts but I couldn't resist to stitch a bit.

Joined Sharon's "Take a Stitch on Tuesday" group at Stitching fingers. This week was cloud filling. An easy but versatile stitch.


The thread is Anchor 8, 0121 (colonial blue) and 0280 (avocado green). Worked the stitch on Ivory 11ct Aida. I'm new at this so need a very structured material right now, despite 11ct should be easy to guide me, there are two miscounts...


As embellishments used small blue bugle beads and opalescent green seed beads, not sure about the size but they're large.

I'll try to catch up with the previous weeks, This is an exciting way to learn new embroidery stitches.

Until next time, stitching hugs, a nice cup of tea and a delicious cookie!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sorry your poor hand is taking its time to heal. Doesn't it know you have things to do? ;-) But at least you were able to stitch a bit.

I love the way you interpreted the stitch with the beads. TAST can certainly add to your knowledge of embroidery techniques.