Thursday, July 8, 2010

Arrived!!!


OMG! The mail seems to be a world apart, what are the rules or logic behind is unknown to me...

My package to Pirjo took TWO MONTHS!!! Sorry for the shouting, but isn't it unbelievable??? I was thinking it was lost for good. I was wondering who was enjoying a thing I made with such care for a friend, thinking what cruel heart could take a thing that was meant to cheer up someone else (yep, I'm a little dramatic, but don't forget I'm Venezuelan, we're kings and queens producing soap operas lol)

My apologies to all the postal workers around the world, I was just hurt because of my ignorance on the process. I was explained how it works from here and now can understand why it takes ages sometimes... We don't have a postal fleet, so the mail travels in commercial flights. Sometimes they stop over some country, the mail gets down at the airport to be checked and re-distributed to it's final destination... If only I knew that before.

Well, what I stitched for her was this small needleroll. Love this design, and when was deciding what to do with it, remembered I stitched for her a scissor case and fob on another exchange. To complete the set used same fabric and thread as before (love this thread, Japanese silk, and I know it's good because it's stitched it over a T-shirt that's washed weekly on the machine, it hasn't fade at all).


Until next time, stitches and hugs!!!

7 comments:

Jules said...

I know, right?! LOL...I mean, how long did it take the one I mailed to get to you earlier this year! Thank goodness you finally learned the "trick" to the postal service in your part of the world.

Annie said...

Well, at least it finally got there. It's a beautiful piece and worth the wait!

Pike said...

Thanks again, Sandra! I also love the silk!!!

Karen said...

So glad it made it...you did a wonderful job and I love the idea of the needleroll finish.

Mylene said...

A lovely needleroll! Admired it earlier on Pirjo's blog.

Babs said...

At least it got there, when I stitched something up, it never arrived, so I remade it and my secret santa never arrived either, but the girl never stitched something else :(

Meari said...

*whew* At least it made it. The needleroll turned out nice.