Friday, September 17, 2010

Little progress on my BAM CAL 2010


Just a quick note to show how's my new to be afghan progressing. I'm behind, yesterday manage to finish May trio and it's looking good so far, specially since I won't need more squares than the CAL's. Seems I underestimated the finished size, but to be only five months done, well, this will be a large afghan.

Good news is the yarn will be enough to finish and join the blocks.

Here's May, decided to do at least one square on each color solid, May has a whole pink square, June has a blue one, and still have to find a suitable pattern for the green one.


Happy yarning! I'm heading off to finish June's blocks.


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Key organizer



Just when I was picking a design and fabric for the replacement, Melissa received my LK exchange for round 5. I stitched for her Bless our home, but instead of the silver bird house charm I used a golden birdie so it would match the holders.


I replaced the colors because the evenweave was mocha, and work backwards, first chose the backing fabric and then the colors to go with it :o)

The pictures are not good, but something has gotten into my camera, it's not working for at its best, hope Melissa posts a better picture.

Done a small progress on the BAM CAL 2010, will post pictures later, when all the squares for May are done. Until then, happy stitching!!!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Craft wall and my first project: Recicled Tshirt

Hello creative people!!! Before showing you how my new creative space looks like, I'd like to show you a new addition to my lovely stitched pieces.

This is the scissor pocket Melissa made for me on the LK exchange round 5. It's a wonderful thing that she chose a design I wanted, thought of stitching one for me but it always strike me as kind of silly that I stitched a friendship saying for myself lol. So here it is for me. Love the lilac linen, it's such an unique color.


And the backing is so cute! Green gingham and a flowery satin ribbon.


As promised, here's my new crafting space. From a whole room to a 3 m wall... It's almost everything in here:

Some stuff didn't fit in so had to put in on the closet, it looked too messy outside, it's the wire wrapping tools and materials, also the paint, crochet projects yarn and some fabric:

And its HOT in here!!! 80ºF contrasting the mere 62ªF at the other place, feels like a desert! I already cut my hair up to my neck.

OK, now on to the challenge. Laughingpurplegoldfish challenged us on her Ravelry group to recycle a T shirt. I had this one that I've outgrown on the front (miracles of the fibrocystic breast condition) but liked it so much didn't want to just throw it away.

These were the materials needed for the recycling: a pair of scissors, carbon paper and wheel tracer to make the stitches even (it was hand sewn), needle and thread, crochet thread and hook (for a flower accent), velcro and a glue (crazy glue didn't work out, I had to use silicone glue at the end).



First, turned the Tshirt inside out, placed the sleeves flat lined up with the bottom seams. On the inside so they will work as a shoulder straps.


Then slided the wheel tracer across the lower seam, where the stitches go.


Used the pins to secure the seams and hold the sleeves in place.


When it was sewn cut three pieces of velcro and pasted them with the silicone glue. To make sure they wouldn't come out held them in place with wooden clothes pins for about half an hour.


And there it is, my new market backpack:



With some groceries in it. It works fine!


Until next time!!! Happy crafting!!!