Hello, hello!!! I've been sunk in paperwork. Evaluating kids, talking to the parents, meeting with teachers, doctors, psychologists... Just like any end of a school year. To relax I decided to experiment with something new, at Good Things Together group (Ravelry), Delights threw in the idea of making ATCs, so I just jumped in.
So far have made only two series. But I'm very happy with the results. This is how I made it:
Using playing cards as a base, glued them to a reusable kitchen paper towel, thought they would be best because of its absorbency.
Then wet the towel with alcohol and placed colored paper and cardboard onto the surface
and ironed it.
As you can see, I could still see the cards figures through the paper, not the effect I was looking for.
With food coloring, added a lot of drops. But then it was too loud.
Used professional plaster to tone it down (yep, the one to fix the walls), also wanted to add some texture.
Afterwards they were sponged with a dab of chlorine, sorry, no picture of this step or the next one.
When they dried (about 36 hours later), used acrylics to add the details, dots, stripes, flowers, leaves and circles.
A closer look:
The backside was made with opalina cardboard, it was wet with a sponge.
Placed the colored paper and ironed it. This time the subtle colors were perfect.
Using my stabilo88 colored markers (courtesy of pard Sandy, again, thank you) wrote the info.
Think I need to improve my calligraphy.
After making the first series, used the leftover acrylics to paint directly onto the cards and the second series were born :D
The dot in the center of the rose is the only texture it has.
And the backside, white gel pen over navy cardboard.
I really enjoyed making these. My head is spinning with ideas for new series...
Happy crafting!ope you have a happy crafty weekend!