Monday, July 30, 2012

Art Journaling

Hello fellow crafters around the globe! I'm happy!!! Today was the last day of school for this school year, now I'm on vacation until September 17th.

I spent my whole weekend researching on Art Journaling, a beautiful technique I was wanting to try. Taking a small step made a page, one single page, which will be led by others and then bind as a book. The subject: Art!



The fluorescent background is stamped with a foam meat tray, carved with a stylus. Toned it down a bit with white pastel chalk.



 Added some dimension with Glossy Royal Coat, by Plaid.





It has a feather stitch edge and some glow on the dark thread on the butterfly. Of course I used the stamps made with foam and the eraser.








Guess I'll have to be brave and experiment with new materials and techniques even if the results are not what I expect.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Meari said...

What a creative idea! I hope you share other art pages with us.

Wendy said...

I've been planning on starting an art journal myself, I think the hardest part is just starting it.