Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Project bag finally arrived!!!

I was part of the Easy Peasy Project bag exchange at Ravelry, My partner, Mary, just got her bag today, after almost two months, and I mailed it Express! 

It was such a pleasant process, I got to do all i like: embroidery, sewing, wire wrapping and crocheting. To start I sketched a few ideas, armed with a pencil, note pad and a cuppa. Then draw the pattern parts on re-purposed paper. 



Cut the parts, embroidered the design (from Cinderberry Stitches) in a color scheme matching the fabric.


On the inside I  wanted pockets for Mary's notions, big ones on one side for the needles, she often uses both DPNs and Circulars, so made 3 large pockets, and three small ones for the tape measure, stitch markers, yarn needle... Also placed a magnetic button.


This is how it should look all stock up.


Then I crocheted a small African flower and added a few beads and a sun "made with a smile" charm to embellish the bag. Just a small whimsical detail that brings a smile.


One of the handles is shorter than the other, to close it tight and make everything safe inside.


I made a set of stitch markers, of course, matching colors.


And added a few things to complete the present.


Amazingly, the chocolate didn't melt, and we were certain it would be! More pictures at my sewing album. I'm happy she finally got, was heartbroken and even made a replacement, just in case.


No comments: