Monday, October 8, 2012

German's Angel

My little brother came to visit us from Houston after 16 years, that was in January. I was pleasantly surprised   when he told me: "I know what I want for a Christmas present this year, cross stitched ornaments for our Christmas tree".

Well, that's completely doable. Instead of choosing a pattern from any designer decided to make it more personal and make it all from scratch... I know, they're professionals and there are lots of gorgeous designs out there, but that adds to the meaning.

So I came up with this little, not so small, angel, I'm naming it German's angel, and I'm pleased to offer it as a complementary design for you all :)


It features three Hardanger stitches: Algerian eyelet, Kloster blocks and Dove's eye.



The fabric is 28 ct  white linen, the backing fabric is printed cotton. 



It still needs the finishing touches, but I've decided to wait a few days because I can't seem to make up my mind yet. 



Afterwards I'll release three more ornies, one for my sister in law and one for each twin. 

Happy stitching!!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a sweet design. Thanks so much for sharing.

Original designs made from the heart do have a lot more meaning. How many times have we stitchers showed off our work to non-stitchers only to have them ask, "Did you design it yourself"? Then they look so disappointed when you say no. ;-)

Dorothée said...

Thanks for sharing this cute angel.

Sally said...

Hello

This is my first visit to your blog.
Your crafting is lovely!
I love the German's Angel design and especially the Hardanger bit at the bottom.
Thank you for sharing the pattern with us, I will certainly stitch one of these lovely ornaments!